European Countries Currency Guide
Did you know, not every European country uses the Euro currency?
Countries currently using the Euro currency
The below list of European countries currently use the Euro currency. Consider Euro cash for your time spent at these destinations:
Countries currently using their own official currency
Here we've listed the most popular countries our customers visit that do not use the Euro currency:
Cash for countries that use the Euro currency
If you are visiting any of the above countries that use the Euro currency, it's pretty easy to plan for your cash needs. Exchange Now have Euro cash available year round and can help you prepare to hit the ground running.
- No exchange fees on all Euro cash exchanges
- Receive a highly competitive exchange rate - see current Euro rates
- Notes in a range of denominations for maximum convenience in Europe - 5/10/20/50/100 (larger notes are available on request)
Cash for countries that do not use the Euro
Why not just buy Euro's anyway and convert them when you get to one of these countries? Because you are putting yourself through a double conversion and may end up paying a premium for your money. You can avoid costly re-conversions by getting the right currency upfront, as Exchange Now has access to more than 10 minor European cash currencies. There are some currencies you cannot obtain before you depart and in this case you can choose to purchase Euro and re-convert those notes on arrival.
Cash Available at Exchange Now
|Northern Ireland||UK Pound||Yes|
Carrying local currency in cash in Europe
It is our general rule of thumb for any destination, to recommend that you carry multiple sources of funds on your travels. The most convenient way to access money overseas is to carry a combination of currency in cash in addition to a debit or credit card. The reason we recommend carrying cash for each of your destinations is because having local currency on hand can:
- prevent you from having to use your holiday time locating a competitive currency exchange kiosk overseas
- be handy for small purchases such as something to eat or drink
- give you an alternative method of payment in the event your card is not accepted or you are charged a fee to use your card
- give you a back up form of payment if your card is lost, stolen or even blocked by your bank
- make it easy to split the bill when travelling with friends
- save you paying unnecessary ATM withdrawal fees throughout your trip
Organising cash before you depart means you have the luxury of doing some research and finding a great exchange rate. At Exchange Now, we do not charge fees for foreign currency cash exchange - so you can get your hands on some local cash without a charge.
Travel Cards for Europe
If you are travelling to multiple countries in Europe, the Cash Passport Platinum Mastercard is a prepaid travel debit card that can hold up to 11 currencies. You can make fee-free purchases in every country visited and also incur no additional currency conversion fees. This card is not linked to your bank account and comes with an easy to manage online account.
Why use Exchange Now?
Have peace of mind that we are a team of highly experience currency specialists, trained to help you ensure your travel money goes further. Our cash exchange services are some of the best in Perth:
- No exchange fees on any European cash currency
- Receive highly competitive exchange rates
- Order online 24/7 and lock in your rate
- More than 10 minor European currencies on hand throughout peak months
- Notes in a range of denominations
- Pre-order online, contact us to make a reservation or visit us in-store